The Virginia Mason Birth Center
At the Virginia Mason Birth Center, an alliance with CHI Franciscan, we provide a birth experience created with you in mind. Our expert medical team has a unique, collaborative care philosophy where we design and deliver your birth plan together – patient and provider working as a team.
Our new 20,000 square-foot birth center is located at the Floyd & Delores Jones Pavilion (Level 16) at Virginia Mason in Seattle’s First Hill neighborhood. The new birth center combines CHI Franciscan’s leadership in patient-driven obstetrics care with Virginia Mason’s focus on quality and innovation, and offers panoramic views of the city, the mountains and Puget Sound.
At Virginia Mason Birth Center, we provide:
- Highly experienced OB/GYNs and certified nurse midwives who follow a collaborative care model, partnering with their patients to provide safe, high-quality care
- Neonatology specialists from Mednax Pediatrix, a national medical group that partners with the birth center to provide expert care to baby after delivery
- Private labor, delivery and recovery rooms with a peaceful, boutique feel and personalized attention from our expert medical team. Our rooms include a soaking tub, shower, birthing ball, and bed/chair for partner in suite.
- Level II Special Care Nursery to care for more fragile newborns
- Personalized birth plans that offer many options and respect mom’s preferences including water births, midwifery care, nitrous oxide, and other pain management methods
- Childbirth preparation classes online and onsite (infant safety/CPR, childbirth class, newborn care)
- Onsite clinic for convenient access to prenatal care and comprehensive obstetrical and gynecological services
- Parking for laboring moms
Read this important notice regarding your billing.
If you have questions, please call us at (206) 287-6300.