Virtual Care for Patients
What is Virtual Care?
- Virtual care appointments allow for a flexible location for the patient and the provider. Make an appointment by calling (206) 223-6881 or scheduling online at MyVirginiaMason.
- Patients receive a virtual visit with their provider over video chat technology, similar to Skype or FaceTime, but with a sophisticated, high-security network that allows the doctor to assess them without being in the same room.
- Safe and Secure — Our virtual care platform is secure and HIPAA compliant. Your photo and voice will not be recorded or stored, and your privacy and rights will be respected and ensured.
Why Virtual Care?
- Eases the burden of travel and provide greater access to your providers
- Brings health care to where you are; it’s the first step of many to give our patients exactly what they need when they need it, in the most comfortable way possible
- Provides coverage for a wide range of health care needs, including:
- Primary and Specialty Care
- Behavioral Health Follow-up Visits
- Medication Management
- Chronic Condition Management
- Urgent Care Virtual Visit
Getting Set Up for Virtual Care
Your virtual visit experience may differ based on the device and browser you use. Our team will do its best to support the set up of your virtual visit. These tips will help you get ready for your visit. For additional help, see our troubleshooting video/instructions or call (888) 585-8028.
- If your email invite with visit instructions is not in your inbox, search your email spam, junk or other folders for the invitation. An email search of "Virginia Mason Health System" should help find the invite.
- Use Google Chrome as your web site browser. Virtual care visits will not work using Internet Explorer. If you don't have Google Chrome installed, get it here.
- Log in five minutes before your appointment from a private room, and near your wireless router, to ensure you can connect and the video will not freeze. You may not use the entire time, but please allow one hour for your appointment.
At Virginia Mason, we are committed to providing a remarkable patient experience. By working collaboratively with referring physicians and community providers, our virtual care specialists provide seamless and exceptional care for patients that is convenient and easy to access.